pre-care brows, eyeliner, lips
- Avoid blood thinners 48 hours prior to your treatment such as NSAIDS (aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc). If you take a prescription blood thinner and would like to have this treatment, please see your physician first to determine if it is safe for you to stop your medication for the preceding 48 hours.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- For maximum pain control, little to no caffeine the day of your treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating skin care products on the area the day before your treatment, if using Retinol stop 1 week prior to treatment.
- When booking your appointment, keep in mind that pain tolerance is reduced just before and during menstruation.
- If you tend to get cold sores anywhere on your face, please ensure you have an antiviral prescription, such as Valtrex, on hand. For lips, it is mandatory to of taken Valtrex 3 days post procedure. Warning the treatment could bring on an outbreak compromising the healed results.
- Please arrive with a full belly as this helps the numbing stay constant and you more comfortable.
- Come to the treatment having washed your hair in advance removing the worry of wetting the artistry that needs to stay dry for the first 48 hrs.
- Make sure you don’t have any significant events planned for a few days after your treatment. Although your brows will be immediately selfy-ready, they might look quite a bit darker than you are used to.
- If you are taking any fish oils please stop 3-5 days before your appointment. Fish oil thins the blood and can effect colour retention on the day of.
aftercare brows, eyeliner, lips
BROWS, LINER AND LIPS
- All treatments require you NOT to pick, peel or scratch the artist’s work. Should you have itch, which is common in healing, please take a clean tissue, apply it over the area of concern and apply pressure over top of the tissue. Pressing down on top of the tissue will release the itch and protect your artistry.
- On the day of completed work, avoid excessive alcohol consumption as it affects the colour and crispness of the artistry.
- All treatments: The final colour should not be expected until 6 to 8 weeks after the final touch up.
- For all treatments: Avoid sweating out the pigment during the settling stage, such as gym, hot yoga, saunas dry or wet, or swimming should be avoided for 5 to 10 days following the procedure.
- Avoid cleansers or exfoliants of any kind are to used over or near the artistry. Retin A and glycolic exfoliants will affect the colour initially, and used over time, will affect the healed results fading the artistry.
- Avoid sun and suntan beds while healing.
For the first 48 hrs you will blot frequently with a dry cotton round, absorbing the excess plasma (healing liquid) which the body forms when injured. By blotting the excess liquid there is a reduction of scabbing during the healing process, pigment remains crisper for longer. After the 48 hrs of blotting, you will advance to using the tattoo balm which will moisten the treated area keeping it comfortable and nourished. Two visits are mandatory to complete the effect and in some cases a third is necessary. A third visit is available to you for a extra charge of $100. within 6-8 weeks from last touch up.
For the first 24 hrs apply the antibacterial ointment provided, and the following days the tattoo balm. Please, no mascara or eye shadow for the first 21 days as it may affect the work.
You may experience swelling for the first few days. In such, case you may crush some ice and apply it to the afflicted area in a clean plastic baggy to release the swelling.
For the first 24 hours you will apply the antibacterial provided and on the following day move to the healing chap stick for comfort. Your lips will appear quite intense for the first 2-3 days. However your lips will heal quickly and around the 3rd day you will notice a reduction in colour and a great deal of peeling. The effect of the lip colour will change throughout the 30 days, so be patient. The full result cannot be expected until 6-8 weeks after the final touch up and often requires a third visit.
Note: if you have ever had a cold sore, you would require a prescription of Zovirox/Valtrex from your doctor, taking it 3 days pre-treatment and 3 days post.
- Lips may experience swelling for the first day. In such case, you may crush some ice, apply it to the affected area in a clean plastic baggy thus reducing the swelling. Also, for those who are able take an Advil or anti-inflammatory, this can help relieve the swelling as well.
HEALED brows, eyeliner, lips
- To maintain colour retention, use a full spectrum sun screen on your artistry.
- If you’re having laser work, please inform the technician you have had micro-pigmentation and to avoid the area.
- For all treatments, touch-ups over the years are a natural expectation. Colour retention varies from person to person depending on their skin, body chemistry and lifestyle.
Only the best and highest quality ink and pigments are used. These inks and pigments are specifically created for SMP and are proven to have excellent colour retention. Although retention varies from person to person, and is dependant upon their skin, body chemistry and lifestyle, my clients thus far have had excellent durability and stayability to date!